Kari N Jry

| map-marker Orlando, Florida

Most horrible service EVER

Original review Feb 29, 2024

Horrible. The WORST company ever.

Do yourself a favor and dont even bother using this company, its a waste of your time and money! Just use GoodRx and save your headache and time!

This company needs to be sued! The associates make statements about gender that are not ok. Joking about why a medicine would be covered for a specific gender, as they dont need those.

These associates are not doctors and they should keep their mouths closed on subjects they dont know anything about. Or they could very well have a discrimination lawsuit!

If the associate cant answer basic questions like telling me what pharmacies near me are in network or what my plan includes, they shouldn't be working there. I was told I had only ONE pharmacy in my zip code or near me. Wrong- they are everywhere.

Its almost comical when you tell another associate that and they say who were you talking to?! and then confirm that is completely inaccurate.

My son and I have wasted hours and weeks trying to get answers from associates who lie and tell us different things every single time we call. This company and its associates need to be held accountable.

In one day alone we spent over 2 hours talking and being put on hold with Magellan. The associate placed him on a 45 minute hold then she disconnected him.

Even though they ask you (first thing when you call) what your phone number is in case they are disconnected. They never call you back after they disconnect you.

They act as if its such an issue to find an answer for your question but they are paid. But yet, we have to waste our time which is unpaid, on a daily basis because no one will tell us an accurate answer.

If Im a paying customer of an insurance plan, I shouldn't have to deal with lies or misinformation. Especially repeatedly.

I could go on and on for 20 more pages of the interactions and lies.

But Im

not wasting more of my time. You're better off to use no insurance rather than Magellan. Thats what were doing. Go through good Rx and save yourself from the lies and headache.

We are saving ourselves $1000. For a 3 month prescription that Magellan says they are covering. If you call this a benefit- than I guess Magellan is the company for you!

Look up the BBB reviews for this company- they are horrible.

Magellan, do you not care?

Or do you have anything to say? The reviews are crystal clear and you guys need to change!

Cons:
  • Associates make derogatory remarks about genders
  • Uneducated associates

Preferred solution: RANDY said if the prescription was approved, which it was- It would be approximately $240. OOP ($1200. OOP if NOT approved. Well it was APPROVED and still you are charging $1200. OOP Constant lies by everyone in your company. They never end.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this joke of a company!

Kari N Jry

| map-marker Orlando, Florida

The worst company ever!

After 20 plus calls and talking to different people each and every time. No one knows what they are talking about. Every single employee said different information. This company needs to be held accountable of their lies and be fined or sued. They are bigots making comments that are derogatory. They also lie about coverage. They were caught lying about sending paperwork off that never was (that another Magellan worker stated never was sent off as stated from another Magellan employee.) Why is this company not being held responsible for their lies and inaccurate information they spread to their consumers? Whatever you do, do NOT USE THIS TRASHY COMPANY!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Lie every single time

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use Magellan

Lynn W Psh

Verified Reviewer

You cannot get any assistance I need to update payment info online is not working not clear and you refuse to assist on phone was hung up on. I guess I will just cancel.all.

In October I called to make sue they had our payment info for prescriptions. I also revised my meds and my husbands. My husband drives semi and is away from home 3 months at a time. I was told he could do a vacation prescription or ask for 90 supply NO problem. They talked to me with zero issues and it was great. My husband comes home for our first vacation in over 4 years. He calls to talk to someone about his prescription. They tell him I have to call because the insurance is through my company. Then I call and they tell me they cannot talk to me but him due to HIPPAA. I call back and asked to speak to a manager and get the lie that one is not available. Been a customer service manager and know that line also no one works without a manager working. They again give me the run around. Husband calls back. He is told they do not have his prescriptions. My husband calls the doctor who tells him they called them in back in August. They called them in again. We go on vacation for a week and come home no prescription and husband took last pill today. He calls they tell him not sent yet then cannot find. He gets transferred around. My husband needs this medication or he could stroke out and die. He is told he needs to call Dr and get an emergency 30 day supply. At this point my husband is so angry he hands me the phone to talk to them. First the person has zero active listening skills and keeps interrupting me. Then while I am talking hangs up on me. I start to call back and she calls back saying we were disconnected. Hmm don't think so. She then tells me she cannot talk to me until my husband gives permission. Lady you just talked to me. I demand a manager. Of course one is not available. I ask her who she thinks needs fired the lady who assisted me in October without needing verification or her that is playing games with peoples lives. She refuses to help and yes I cussed her all the way out. I let her know if my husband does I will sue the company and all people involved. I call back asking for a manager. They lady says she can help which I doubted. I explained the situation as well as why I am angry and yelling. Am I supposed to be calm when my spouse is in danger because he cannot get meds I think not! She at least will assist barely. Again wants emergency meds. I explained not an option as he leaves Monday a D Dr not available. Both her and other lady were working from home. You could hear the kids in the background. She allegedly is having a manager call us. I doubt that very much.
Cons:
  • You could die trying to get your medication

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not EVER use this company.

map-marker Rochester, Minnesota

After a month and 1/2 i've been unable to submit a successful claim

Awful!!! NO STARS! Negatives STARS! Their customer service is rude. I was told when I started with my new company and didn't have my insurance card to pay for the prescriptions and submit a claim for a refund. It would be easy they said a month and a half later still requesting a refund it's only $124.00. Magellan RX Pharmacy has made it so challenging I'm sure will just eat it. That's what they want, they make it so difficult that it's just easier to walk away. Congratulations you win!
Christi S Wde

Pharmacy keep inappropriately canceling scripts

We have been trying for 10 days to get my sister's scripts. Every time we have the script sent in they claim her Dr Canceled the script. The Dr has no record of scripts being canceled. The agent claimed the letter came Thursday and the script was sent in on Friday so why cancel the new script. They are not showing competence at all. Worst experience with a pharmacy ever. The pharmacist is also unavailable to customers. What pharmacy ever refuses to let you speak to the pharmacist. Will not ever use magellan again. And my sister needs to complain to the insurance company and her hr department. 2 weeks late on insulin scripts is hands down unacceptable.
Pros:
  • Convenient
Cons:
  • Competency of staff

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't use them if your meds are life and death.

Angela W Gyz

No longer contracted with Walgreens WITH NO WARNING

They were great when I first started with them but then the almighty dollar as won over the customer. Good luck getting anything resolved. When you call they either don't know or dont care. First guys couldn't find the answer so he just kept asking me "How can I help you today?" The next lady directed me to the website to find a new pharmacy BUT even though they no longer have a contract with Walgreens, all the Walgreens came up on their locator. SO I guess I have to call every pharmacy on the list to see if they actually take Magellan RX. Thanks for making me do your job.
  • Expensive
  • Not accurate

Preferred solution: I would like them to do better and actually care.

User's recommendation: Avoid if you can.

map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Worthless, don't spend your money with these people,

This company is out to make a buck period , they will not cover anything in if your new with them., Good Luck trying to get a answer for anything. Garbage to say the least, should be investigated.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money

Ted L Yeq
map-marker Opelika, Alabama

Denied Vascepa 1 G when before they approved it and lab results should that it was lowing triglycerides great. They stopped approving it triglycerides back up in the high 300 again. Worst company

Worst company needs someone to take them to court with a hefty lawsuit. Request ID # 1200****. Card Holder # 833018****01 Any suggestions would be helpful to me. Email tedl1226@***.com

Preferred solution: Vascepa request ID 12000638

User's recommendation: Diffidently not

ALBENO B

I was supposed to be called back

Im still waiting for Kathy supervisors supervisor to get back to me. Im being over charged for my victoza it went from 15 to 100 for the last 3 Perscriptions
Loss:
Pros:
  • Kathy was great help
Cons:
  • Supervisors and above dropped the ball

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Rhonda H Nzo

Verified Reviewer

They are trying to rip me off

Magellan signed me up for a Medicare part D premium for prescriptions. I stopped paying the $30 some dollars a month because I got my own private insurance that covered prescriptions in 2018 from my full-time employer. Magellan is NOT a part of Medicare. They are a private company. They continued to send me an invoice but I threw it away each month figuring they would cancel since I had not paid them as ALL insurance companies do this if you do not pay. Had I KNOWN they would continue to bill me, I would have ended it. Now they say because I did not contact them I owe despite I was paying, and using, my own private insurance for prescriptions through my employer. I NEVER once used their policy to pay for even one prescription and was under the impression I no longer had NOR did I want this coverage as I already had prescription drug coverage through my employer in which I worked full time. Finally, I opened one of their pieces of mail wondering why they still continued to send these to me. And they had me with an accumulated bill of $668.70!!! I wrote and was told to simply tell them I need to retroactively disenroll to Jan 2018 when I had signed up for my own work-related insurance and provided them a copy of my insurance card. I faxed this information now to them twice over the past year and they STILL continue to bill me. I am requesting this be eliminated as they said they would, and Medicare has stated this is NOT them and this outfit (I see as a scam) is a private entity. What they have done is at the very least unethical and dirty. Ive seen the exact same complaint on the BBB website so they know what they are doing and know it is WRONG.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: STAY FAR FAR AWAY

map-marker Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Stay clear of this place if at all possible

I had to have pre authorization for a medication that was prescribed by my provider, and it took them forever to authorize the meds. this company really take their time with doing things. its like playing with people lives.

Magellan RX pharmacy is the worst

Had to change to Magellan RX due to my insurance requirements. First order took me 3 weeks to get my speciality medication. Second order was easy. But now the third month: called in 8 days ago (Monday). No meds. Called in Wed - no meds. Called back Fri - no meds. Called back the next Mon- still no meds. So i’ve Missed 3 doses of a disease modifying drug that I need. This is the most incompetent pharmacy I have ever used. None of the reps I have spoken with are competent to complete an order? Warning: call them for refills at least 3 weeks before you are out of medicine or you’ll be stuck without like me.
Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Guest

worst."pharmacy".ever. They've denied my Diabetes type 2 meds a couple of times because they won't call the doctor to get a new scrip.

They have no online bill pay, and their call center for bill pay isn't 24/7 either. Who, in this technology age doesn't have ON-LINE BILL PAY? I've tried to transfer my scripts to Walgreens and they sent me 90 days of meds i don't need because they were filled in november. for 90 days.

This is my husband's work's mail pharmacy, and their health care plan is also the worst. Magellan's cheap prices are not worth their absolute incompetence.

Guest

I am very disappointed never had any problem intil now they know its the weekend and their givomg me problem with my authorization when i have had everything sent in to them

View more comments (1)
vespertin
map-marker Chillicothe, Ohio

MagellanRx keeps your money and does not deliver.

I don't even believe that MagellanRx is a real company. Just a scam site that lists a fake inventory, keeps your money and delivers nothing. I ordered a tube of Nizoral cream from them. They posted that the item had been sent on a certain date, but there are no other details. The email address they give for customer service and message box at the site are never answered. After waiting for nearly three months, I finally filed for a chargeback from Visa CheckCard Services and just got my refund. I doubt if Visa will be able to recoup the loss from a nonexistent "ghost company".
Loss:

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article